Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 21, 2018

Never Stop Dreaming


 Hi everyone! Melissa Larson here with my first page of the month for Shimmerz Paints!  I love the quality of these paints, I feel I can really express my love of nature with them.




To briefly describe how I made this page, I put texture paste on with a stencil, then mounted the photo on watercolor paper. I cut up chipboard and die cuts and glued them all around the pic. I put the flowers and some of the embellies on, then started painting. There are a lot of layers of Shimmerz and Inklingz. The gold is mica powder. 



Here are more details:There's chipboard at the top and bottom of the photo. I put a thick layer of Ranger Clear Rock candy over paint, then put more paint and gold mica powder on top.

 I used a lot of micro beads and glitter glass. 

I put a layer of foam core board under the between the photo and the watercolor paper, and then two layers between that and the Blue Fern paper.




The die cuts are made with Spellbinders dies. 



The big blue flowers are from Prima. The fairy at the top is from Graphic 45, I used a few others on the page. The feathers are from the birdbath in my yard, I've collected them over time, the birds leave them there in the water.




The little metal leaf at the bottom middle is from Vintaj. The title sticker is from 7 Dots. The truth metal tag is from Tim Holtz.  



I used a lot of pressed flowers. That yellow one is a buttercup. The little sun image to the left of the big blue flower is from Stamperia. 

Here's a list of the colors I used:
Inklingz:

Shimmerz:

I used some patina glitter glass, and mermaid shard glitter glass from Reneabouquets Shop.

Thanks so much for looking, and have a great week!






4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Melissa! You certainly have a knack for media art! Love love love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning my dear friend... I love this page!! You are so creative and inspirational...I love your fantastic layering !! Well done !!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heikes AugenBlick! Sorry it took me so long to reply!

      Delete