Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Reneabouquets Design Team Page, "Pink Satin Gown", by Melissa Larson

 


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new page for the amazing Reneabouquets. Go and see all the fun treasures there! 


Photo credit: Tamara Bellis, at Unsplash. 






To make this page, I first applied clear gesso to Blue Fern paper.

  I put the layers under the photo together,starting with taping on watercolor paper under the image to make it stronger and to lie flat. Below that is a piece of canvas I glued on cardboard. I put a layer of Prima Platinum Crackle on top of the canvas. I put the layers all on the page. When the crackle was dry it didn't have cracks, because I didn't put it on thick enough. I painted it with Shimmerzpaints, Amsterdam White Ink, Inktense watercolor pencil in Bark color,and gold mica powder. I wanted to draw out the colors and textures of the photo, onto the canvas around it.



 I applied Prima Platinum crackle paste on the background paper with stencils and a spatula.I arranged the Beautiful Board and flowers around the page, then added the beads and fussy cut images.I brushed on Shimmerz Paints, and glued on more beads. I applied gold mica powder with my fingers on a lot of edges and raised areas. I dry brushed on Prima pink Sparks paint on random spots. I put more paint in layers, and mica powder, to complement the colors of the photo. There's a little blue Prima wax too.








To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads,glass glitter,gold leaf,sequins,iridescent wrapping paper,sisal,gold thread, lace,black tulle, white tulle, pressed and dried flowers,white ink splatters,Swarovski and other brands of crystals, glass beads, pearls,metal from Reneabouquets,Tim Holtz, and Vintaj,flowers from  Reneabouquets,and bling and metal from my stash. Most of the things are glued on individually with Glossy Accents.I used double sided foam tape for the flowers and some other things,and to put the cardboard layers together. I alos added tiny flower images from Graphic 45, Tim Holtz, and Botanist Sticker Anthology.


























 Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!


You can find Reneabouquets here...

Reneabouquets


Reneabouquets Blog



Reneabouquets items I used:


















































No comments:

Post a Comment