Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Good Heart


I made this page just for fun. I've been watching a lot of Marta Lapkowska YouTubes lately. She inspired me to go buy a similar journal,and make these pages. I have learned so much from watching her paint.




The above is in direct sunlight, below is not.




To make this I brushed on clear gesso,then applied texture paste with a stencil and a credit card. I used Shimmers and Art Alchemy Paints,and Tattered Angels spray in purple and brown colors. 







I took a paintbrush and poured on Clear Rock Candy Crackle on the raised areas. I didn't brush or ink brown paint paint over the cracks so they're kind of hard to see. I outlined the raised areas with Derwent Inktense by holding a Bark colored pencil sideways and sort of scraping the top textures. I took a gel type pen and outlined a lot of areas. I rubbed gold mica powder on top. All the white is layers of gesso I sponged and painted on, to create some balance with all the detail I've used. In the end I used a lot of diamond glitter from Reneabouquets, I spread on glossy accents, then pour the glitter on. 






To add visual interest I applied microbeads, seed beads, pearls, rhinestones, pressed flowers, mica flakes, glass glitter, stamping, tulle, a metal tag, and more. The title sticker is from Tim Holts, as is the tissue paper butterfly. The stamping is Prima and Finnabair.





The metal tag is Tim Holts. I used Green Brocade Prima Wax on the page. 






Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!










2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love all the texture and touches of gold. Tracy ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...this is pure magic...love love love what you did here!! Xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete