Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Valentine

Art journal pages inspired by Marta Lapkowska





To make these pages I used a glue stick to glue two pages of a sketchbook together on each side.I put a layer of  clear gesso on, the glued on some images. I stenciled on a little texture paste.


To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads, sequins,stamping,tulle, mica flakes,Shimmerz Paints, Reneabouquet chipboard hearts,Tim Holtz Washi tape and metal,and Finnabair and Prima stamps.



The little claddagh at the bottom right is a sticker. The pink ribbon is silk,which I dyed. It's from my LSS, the Scrap Shack in Friendswood. The cherub is Bo Bunny.




The library card and music paper is from Prima, Wild And Free I think. There are some little pressed flowers. There's Clear Rock Candy Crackle in some spots, and on the little pink hearts. I even used a couple Jo leen stickers, and a little gauze.




I used a lot of gesso on the page. I painted around edges of things with Shimmerz Paints in Penny 4 Your Thoughts, and also Derwent Inktense Pencil, in Bark. I used a black marker pen around some of the texture paste.



I used some Tim Holtz metal. The lantern is Graphic 45 from Birdsong.




Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!






2 comments: