Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Look For the Magic


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new design team page for the amazing Reneabouquets! I love all the beautiful things I find there, they're a pleasure to work with!

I have used a photo from free google, by A.M. Lorek.




To make this page I applied clear gesso to Happy Accident 2 paper, by Blue Fern Studios. I put texture paste on with a stencil, then put the layers under the photo together: I taped on card stock under the image to make it stronger. Below that is a layer of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard. I tore off most of the paper from cardboard, and painted it with gesso. I put layers of foam core board between everything, to add dimension.




I picked out Beautiful Board, painted it with gesso, then Shimmerz Paints, and topped it with a thick coat of Clear Rock Candy Crackle. I glued on some lace, then the Beautiful Board.






To add visual interest I added micro beads, glass glitter,mica flakes, seed beads, pearls, Swarovski crystals, glass beads,black tulle, dyed gauze, pressed flowers and leaves,lichen, flowers from Reneabouquets and Prima, metal from RB, Tim Holtz, and Vintaj, and more bling and metal from my stash. 





I used a lot of Shimmerz Paints in shades of lavender, green, and pink. I also used black gesso on the edges of the corrugated and watercolor paper to add definition. I splashed on Higgins white ink with a small brush for highlights all over the page. 





I rubbed on Pearlex Gold Mica Powder on a lot of the surfaces, to add definition.





I drew out the colors of the photo onto the watercolor paper,and added micro beads and metal glitter in a few areas.





At the top and bottom of the page, and on a lot of the surfaces I rubbed on Prima Green Brocade and White Gold Wax. 
I used glossy accents to glue on the diamond chunky glitter glass ,micro beads,seed beads, and metal glitter onto the corrugated. Later I brushed on different colors of Shimmerz Paints over all the glitter an beads.
The round dark item at the left of the photo is a giant bead cap. I glued some rhinestones inside.





I dry brushed Prima Steampunk Copper Acrylic Paint onto some of the raised areas of the page.
When I was done with the page, I used some Prima Stamps, one was a script stamp, and the other some from Finnabair.





Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!







You can find Reneabouquets here...
Reneabouquets items I used:





Blue Fern Studios Happy Accident 2 Paper


















No comments:

Post a Comment